Hail to pet parents, we know you love your dear fur balls, and you love your house too. You will find yourself seeking for the best shark vacuum for pet hair available to save your furniture from animal’s fur.
It is difficult to nail down one good vacuum for your pet haven.
We are here to help. We bring a list of the best vacuum for pet hair 2019 below to help you determine which best fits your demand.
Let’s wait for no further and find out.
Table Of Contents
- 1. What is a shark vacuum? And why it has to be “Shark”?
- 2. Why do you need a vacuum for pet hair?
- 3. The best shark vacuum for pet hair reviews to kiss the hair goodbye
- 4. So, what is the best vacuum when you have pets?
- 5. Everything you need to know when buying a shark vacuum for pet hair.
- 6. What’s the best shark vacuum? Question answered
What is a shark vacuum? And why it has to be “Shark”?
We all know a vacuum, also known as a vacuum cleaner, with its air bump sucks up dust and dirt particles from floors and other furniture. The dirt is gathered in a cyclone for later disposal.
Shark vacuums credit themselves in the pure cleaning power. They are among the top choices to pack a real bite to the stubborn shedding.
Why do you need a vacuum for pet hair?
There is nothing more tedious than dealing with pet hair ends up all over your shirt and sofa after cuddling time. You can remove the excessive hair by grooming, but the problem would remain constant.
Moreover, the seasonal shed will become a mess if you don’t have a proper tool to remove it regularly.
One way to tackle this issue is to track around for a reliable vacuum. It will help you keep your pet hair under control.
The best shark vacuum for pet hair reviews to kiss the hair goodbye
We have picked 5 biggest fish in the pond to give the most detailed and sincere reviews. You will be able to distinguish the good and the bad.
1. Shark Rotator Powered Lift-Away TruePet NV752
There is a reason for this vacuum to be on the top of any list you can come across. It is labelled “pet” to specify its function in distinction.
This vacuum is a bagless machine with a HEPA filter. It’s got a 30-foot power cord. There is a driven motor brush bar. The item weighs about 15.5 pounds.
The vacuum comes with a pack of accessories and tools as follows:
- Dusting genie: a crevice tool with an extendable brush
- Pet upholstery tool with velvet strips on the top and bottom to avoid marring
- Dusting brush: work well on hard surfaces and upholstery
- TruePet motorized brush with a suction release on the head: good for removing pet hair and debris
- Hard floor genie: includes a suction channel in front and an area for a microfiber
- Canister caddy: converts the upright vacuum into the canister vacuum
- The vacuum can operate as an upright, a canister and some extent of handheld vacuum.
- With a snapping button when it’s in the upright form, you can transfer the canister and motor to the caddy to get a canister vacuum.
- To make it work in the lift-away mode, simply pull the assembly away then you’ll have a vacuum to walk around it.
- These settings support you to work from thick carpet or area rug, carpet to low pile, and hard floors.
- So, if you ask “what is the best bagless vacuum for pet hair?”, we wouldn’t mind recommending this machine right from the start.
- Functional design.
- Can detach for deep clean.
- Fingertip controls.
- Comes with Pet-Multi tool.
- Traps 99.9% of dust and allergens.
- LED lights at the nozzle.
- Not budget.
- A bit heavy.
2. Shark Rocket DuoClean Ultra-Light Corded Bagless
If you happen to own a smaller house or apartment, the Shark Rocket provides an appropriate size compared to a full-size upright.
The machine includes quite a few useful attachments:
- Upholstery tool with a swivel head: for pet hair and debris on upholstering and other fabric
- Crevice tool dusting brush: for tight areas
- Dusting brush with a swivel head
- TruePet mini-motorized brush: for pet hair and stairs removal. Include a suction relief valve on the top
- Under appliance wand: for cleaning the areas you can’t reach to
- Wall mount
- At the end of the nozzle, you can notice a stiff brush roll and a soft velvety brush roll that are powerful. These features define the term DuoClean in this machine.
- It is quite light at the weight of 7.6 pounds as an upright.
- The machine is a versatile hybrid between an upright and a lift-away vacuum.
- You’ve got a handheld unit to snap off at one top and a full stick vacuum.
- The stunning factor that fancies us is the Pet mini-motorized brush that comes with a brush roll to pick pet hair. It eases your access to clean any nook and cranny.
- Despite being bagless, the unit’s filter is washable, as well as the brush roll. You will the lifetime LED nozzle light and some on the handheld area.
- 5-year warranty.
- Specified tools for pet hair.
- Washable foam filters.
- Transformer design.
- 30-foot power cord.
- Brush roll can get clogged.
- Heavy at the top.
- Can’t stand on its own.
- Have no HEPA filter.
3. SharkNinja Shark APEX DuoClean Powered Lift-Away
The APEX claimed the third spot in this list when we came to evaluate its functionality. You’ll get to know why
The Shark APEX has four rows of bristles on the brush roll. This arrangement performs excellently in digging up embedded dirt from a carpet. However, it drops the point for tangling pet hair in the brush roll.
That concern should wear off when we look on the bright side. A bunch of benefits comes from the dual clean technology and the power lift-away feature.
We’ll discuss right to the highlights:
- The APEX AX952 claims to have the strongest suction of any vacuum.
- The dual clean feature does a great job in devouring the dirt on smooth floors, as well as on carpets and bare floors.
- The minor drawback lies on the front brush roll as it tousles long hair, though it can be easily removed.
- The large frame with the bigger motor may look cumbersome. But with the upgrade with the swivel steering, it is as easy to maneuver as other dual cleaners.
- One feature that many owners love is the not too high frequency of sound. The noise level has been fine-tuned down to the lowest.
- You can find the floor type suction adjuster on the handle for convenient access.
- It comes with a HEPA filter and a sealed system that traps animal fur, tobacco smoke, dust mites. The polluted air is forced through filters and later exhausted from the machine.
- Owns lift-away feature.
- Advanced anti-allergen complete seal.
- The most advanced upright vacuum of Shark.
- Sturdy build.
- The lift-away feature doesn’t work well on carpets.
- It can trouble when assembling the canister back to the caddy.
- Tangle pet hair in the brush roll.
4. Shark IONFlex DuoClean 2X IF 252 Cordless Ultra-Light
We know you are pondering about the cordless machine. The question like what is the best cordless vacuum for dog hair will be revealed just now.
Some reasons’ holding people back from purchasing a cordless vacuum. They believe that such machines wouldn’t work for the mess.
But Shark has redefined what cordless can be with the Shark I-on Flex 2X IF-252. The 2X means there are two battery packs to come with it.
Here are what you will get with the machine:
- Anti-allergen dusting brush with bristles
- Dusting brush and crevice tool
- Pet multi-tool
- Upholstery tool
- Under appliance wand with extended reach
- Two packs of lithium-ion battery
- A charging cradle
- Advanced machines have been developed to use with the DuoClean Technology; the Shark ION Flex is not out of the game.
- The technology performs on the front brush roll and a back one. A stiff bristled brush roll is in the center like in most vacuum cleaners.
- The advantage of it is it can pick up large debris on carpets or hard surfaces. You can use it to clean close to a wall as the front brush will do the job. It also works efficiently on feeding dust on the floor into the channel.
- The machine comes with two batteries for backing up in case one runs out of power. Besides, the process of installing the power source isn’t something too advanced.
- Mobile vacuum.
- Backup power source.
- Easy handheld control.
- 5-year warranty.
- Not on the budget side.
- Not as powerful as corded vacuums.
5. Shark Rotator Professional Upright Corded NV 501
Step into the competition of affordability, we would like to introduce one old guy in the game but has earned its position in the market.
This machine is for a tight wallet but has got the functions you need from a vacuum.
What is in the box?
- A kit for detail work
- Furniture brush for animal hair
- Hard flooring brush
- Carpet vacuum
- Caddy to turn to a canister vacuum
- You can see the transforming process doesn’t require any assemble task. You can quickly move the machine from one caddy to the other.
- There are two wands function distinctively. The first one is for hard floors with a handle to pull off for smaller jobs.
- It comes with a Pet Power Brush to work for animal hair with a suction drove brush roll.
- There are also a washable HEPA filtration and Anti-Allergen Complete Seal technology. You can use this machine with confidence in nook areas with LED headlights.
- 5-year warranty.
- Reasonable price.
- Has strong suction.
- Not too heavy.
- Long power cord.
- Works perfectly for cat and dog hair.
- Doesn’t own the most recent technology.
So, what is the best vacuum when you have pets?
The best lies in your head. To pick a reliable vacuum, you need to identify your demand on the product. You don’t want to waste money on the function you rarely need or the high-end technology with a light upgrade.
It is always smart to know what characteristic from a vacuum to select the most reliable one.
This thought brings me to the next point.
Everything you need to know when buying a shark vacuum for pet hair.
It should be useful to know what to consider from a product. Let’s discover what to look for in a Shark Vacuum that matter your decision.
Performance with Pet hair
Of course, we focus on vacuums for pet hair in this writing. Hence, how it performs on animal’s shed matters the most. Vacuums with poor suction and lousy design should not go on the list.
Regarding pet hair, unqualified vacuum cleaners collect a few hairs but clog on them. You don’t want to deal with clearing the constant shedding off the nozzle too many times.
The best vacuum for pet hair picks up all the pet hair while dispatching it safely to the dust container.
Vacuuming is not as interesting as it seems. You will have to tolerate the noise and multiple movements that require effort and muscle work.
So, if you are obsessed with extreme hygienic condition and fresh air free of dust and fur, there is no reason why not to go ahead for a vacuum.
The right accessories
Upholstery tool should come in handy in the case where you need to clean pet shedding from the couch.
Recent vacuums add Pet brush specifies in cleaning such particles. Some machines offer pet multi-tool as an additional function. Though it can be a good deal, sometimes, a good brush roll would suffice the need.
You may get ripped off for nothing if you are not able to evaluate the real value of the product.
Cheap vacuums can give better value than the one that cost twice as much. It is not the money that decides the quality, yet it matters your budget.
Therefore, be a wise customer.
Functions you don’t need
It is nice to have some extra features for more convenience, but they are not necessary.
Most vacuums are noise. Even the quietest machine on the market make lousy noise.
As your pets are likely to cower in fear at the sound, it is better to acclimate them to the noise or put them away when you start the clean.
Wet-dry mess cleaning is a nice additional function of some expensive vacuums. But it only becomes useful if you cope with frequent accidences from your puppy or kitties that shed heavily to fur balls.
A bagged vacuum costs some extra, but it’s worth paying if you or your households have asthma or serious allergies. Otherwise, a canister will save you a significant buck.
Cordless vacuums are portable, but if you don’t mind the cord, there is money to save for a better purpose. There are vacuums come with long cord strip for extended working area.
Unless you have to cope with severe shedding and are in need of the most advanced filter, HEPA filtration is something to consider.
But if the vacuum works well on in picking up pet hair leaving no dander behind, and doesn’t spit the content into the air, why bother buying a more expensive machine?
Scented disks and other deodorizers can fascinate you, but take some time to see if they match your condition.
What’s the best shark vacuum? Question answered
We wish to have a winner in our list, but as far as we concerned, each product deserves its spot.
At the end of the day, living with pets is something of joy and duty. The Shark has demonstrated their best effort in harmonizing lives of human and pets in their products.
Your job is to take responsibility and utilize human’s wisdom to make the necessary adjustments.
We have pointed out every benefit and disadvantage in hope to aid you from the shopping ache.
It is your turn to take action and have fun with the shopping.